Sep 30, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
Newcastle United made the end of the game more interesting than Everton fans would have liked, as Loïc Rémy scored in the 89th minute to make it 3-2 for the home team.
After a great first half for Everton, Newcastle was the better team in the second half. Perhaps complacency set in with a three-goal lead for the Toffees, but Roberto Martínez can breathe a sigh of relief, as Newcastle could not complete the comeback.
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Blues maintain five-point lead atop table 1