Sep 30, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Newcastle United made the end of the game more interesting than Everton fans would have liked, as Loïc Rémy scored in the 89th minute to make it 3-2 for the home team.
After a great first half for Everton, Newcastle was the better team in the second half. Perhaps complacency set in with a three-goal lead for the Toffees, but Roberto Martínez can breathe a sigh of relief, as Newcastle could not complete the comeback.
- FOLLOW LIVE – Champions League: Bayern Munich, PSG aim to overturn 3-1 deficits to Barcelona, FC Porto 0
- Chris Smalling signs new Manchester United contract through 2019 0
- Franz Beckenbauer: Der Kaiser weighs in on Klopp, Dante and Bayern’s CL hopes 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1