Sep 30, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Newcastle United made the end of the game more interesting than Everton fans would have liked, as Loïc Rémy scored in the 89th minute to make it 3-2 for the home team.
After a great first half for Everton, Newcastle was the better team in the second half. Perhaps complacency set in with a three-goal lead for the Toffees, but Roberto Martínez can breathe a sigh of relief, as Newcastle could not complete the comeback.
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2