Sep 30, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Newcastle United made the end of the game more interesting than Everton fans would have liked, as Loïc Rémy scored in the 89th minute to make it 3-2 for the home team.
After a great first half for Everton, Newcastle was the better team in the second half. Perhaps complacency set in with a three-goal lead for the Toffees, but Roberto Martínez can breathe a sigh of relief, as Newcastle could not complete the comeback.
- Manchester United 4-0 QPR: Roaring first half signals intentions of new-look United 1
- Reports say Alan Pardew on thin ice as Newcastle front office eyes Hull’s Steve Bruce 0
- MLS Snapshot: Philadelphia Union 2-2 New York Red Bulls 0
- Late Turan goal gives Atletico 2-1 win at Real Madrid 0
- Saturday Premier League roundup: Chelsea win, Arsenal-Man City draw, Liverpool lose (video) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 Aston Villa: Agbonlahor’s early score leads Villa past listless Liverpool (video) 2