Sep 30, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Newcastle United made the end of the game more interesting than Everton fans would have liked, as Loïc Rémy scored in the 89th minute to make it 3-2 for the home team.
After a great first half for Everton, Newcastle was the better team in the second half. Perhaps complacency set in with a three-goal lead for the Toffees, but Roberto Martínez can breathe a sigh of relief, as Newcastle could not complete the comeback.
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 0
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 6
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1