Sep 30, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Eastern European fans are known for their impassioned displays at their favorite team’s games.
Ultras have been known to take shirts off players’ backs and armbands off captains, as well as produce some fiery messages and massive tifo. At times, it can go overboard, such as Ukrainian ultras’ racist chants during their country’s match with San Marino in early September, but more often, it’s just downright impressive.
Before Saturday’s 2-1 win over Śląsk Wrocław, Legia Warsaw fans unveiled this masterpiece, celebrating their city’s history:
— Ed (@Gibbe84) September 28, 2013
Here is a video of that tifo being unveiled before kickoff:
This is the same club that produced this show, with a not-too-subtle satirical message directed toward UEFA after the club had to play a UEFA Champions League playoff with a partial stadium closure after racist chanting:
A couple hours before Legia kicked off against Śląsk, Ruch Chorzów fans had their own fun with fire before a 1-1 tie with Wisła Kraków:
For more photos and videos of fan culture, tifo and ultras being ultras than could ever fit in one post, follow @Gibbe84 on Twitter. He’s a great source for all your hooligan needs.
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 1
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0
- LIVE – Champions League: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich, Chelsea to Schalke 0
- Report: Sony will not renew sponsorship with FIFA over future World Cup shroud 3