Sep 30, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Eastern European fans are known for their impassioned displays at their favorite team’s games.
Ultras have been known to take shirts off players’ backs and armbands off captains, as well as produce some fiery messages and massive tifo. At times, it can go overboard, such as Ukrainian ultras’ racist chants during their country’s match with San Marino in early September, but more often, it’s just downright impressive.
Before Saturday’s 2-1 win over Śląsk Wrocław, Legia Warsaw fans unveiled this masterpiece, celebrating their city’s history:
— Ed (@Gibbe84) September 28, 2013
Here is a video of that tifo being unveiled before kickoff:
This is the same club that produced this show, with a not-too-subtle satirical message directed toward UEFA after the club had to play a UEFA Champions League playoff with a partial stadium closure after racist chanting:
A couple hours before Legia kicked off against Śląsk, Ruch Chorzów fans had their own fun with fire before a 1-1 tie with Wisła Kraków:
For more photos and videos of fan culture, tifo and ultras being ultras than could ever fit in one post, follow @Gibbe84 on Twitter. He’s a great source for all your hooligan needs.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0