Sep 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
After being barely caught offside in the first two minutes, Everton striker Romelu Lukaku would not be denied a goal for long.
In the fifth minute, he placed a shot from inside the area neatly into the goal, after winger Kevin Mirallas jolted through the Newcastle defense on the right-hand side. His pace created the goal, and Lukaku’s calm finish sealed the early lead.
Lukaku went up for a long ball from goalkeeper Tim Howard, causing a loose ball that Mirallas corralled and maneuvered easily past Newcastle left back Davide Santon. From there, Lukaku ran between the center backs and found a soft space to exploit for the easy tap-in.
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0
- Watch live: West Ham United vs. Liverpool (Lineups) 0
- VIDEO: Arsenal score three times in 192 seconds, as Gunners explode 0
- Queens Park Rangers 2-2 Stoke City: Kranjcar’s cracker saves QPR 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 5 0