Sep 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
After scoring the first goal of the game for Everton against Newcastle United, Romelu Lukaku added an assist in his home debut.
A quick clearance found Kevin Mirallas on the right flank, and he played a short centering pass for Lukaku. After two touches toward the middle, Lukaku slipped Ross Barkley in behind the Newcastle defense as the Liverpool native ran between the center backs.
From there, Barkley was in on goal. All he had to do was finish, which he did simply, giving Everton an early 2-0 lead in the 25th minute. It’s been all Toffees in the first half-hour, as Newcastle struggles to cope with their possession style and multi-pronged attack.
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 0
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1
- Where does Andrea Pirlo joining New York City FC rank in history of MLS mega-deals? 3
- 2015 Gold Cup: USMNT player profiles – Midfielders 0