Sep 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
After scoring the first goal of the game for Everton against Newcastle United, Romelu Lukaku added an assist in his home debut.
A quick clearance found Kevin Mirallas on the right flank, and he played a short centering pass for Lukaku. After two touches toward the middle, Lukaku slipped Ross Barkley in behind the Newcastle defense as the Liverpool native ran between the center backs.
From there, Barkley was in on goal. All he had to do was finish, which he did simply, giving Everton an early 2-0 lead in the 25th minute. It’s been all Toffees in the first half-hour, as Newcastle struggles to cope with their possession style and multi-pronged attack.
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0