Sep 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
After scoring the first goal of the game for Everton against Newcastle United, Romelu Lukaku added an assist in his home debut.
A quick clearance found Kevin Mirallas on the right flank, and he played a short centering pass for Lukaku. After two touches toward the middle, Lukaku slipped Ross Barkley in behind the Newcastle defense as the Liverpool native ran between the center backs.
From there, Barkley was in on goal. All he had to do was finish, which he did simply, giving Everton an early 2-0 lead in the 25th minute. It’s been all Toffees in the first half-hour, as Newcastle struggles to cope with their possession style and multi-pronged attack.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2