Sep 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
After scoring the first goal of the game for Everton against Newcastle United, Romelu Lukaku added an assist in his home debut.
A quick clearance found Kevin Mirallas on the right flank, and he played a short centering pass for Lukaku. After two touches toward the middle, Lukaku slipped Ross Barkley in behind the Newcastle defense as the Liverpool native ran between the center backs.
From there, Barkley was in on goal. All he had to do was finish, which he did simply, giving Everton an early 2-0 lead in the 25th minute. It’s been all Toffees in the first half-hour, as Newcastle struggles to cope with their possession style and multi-pronged attack.
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1