Sep 30, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
After scoring the first goal of the game for Everton against Newcastle United, Romelu Lukaku added an assist in his home debut.
A quick clearance found Kevin Mirallas on the right flank, and he played a short centering pass for Lukaku. After two touches toward the middle, Lukaku slipped Ross Barkley in behind the Newcastle defense as the Liverpool native ran between the center backs.
From there, Barkley was in on goal. All he had to do was finish, which he did simply, giving Everton an early 2-0 lead in the 25th minute. It’s been all Toffees in the first half-hour, as Newcastle struggles to cope with their possession style and multi-pronged attack.
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 0
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 3
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1