Sep 30, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Everton is the last remaining undefeated team in the Premier League. Newcastle United has won two of its last three but only three of its last 22 games away from home.
It seems the result can only go one way, but Magpies manager Alan Pardew and his team would likely disagree. On the other end, Roberto Martínez finally has his team clicking in the possession style he wants to play, but losing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United doesn’t make it any easier.
Everton and United States No. 1 Tim Howard (pictured) has kept three clean sheets so far, in consecutive matches, ruined by two West Ham goals in last week’s 3-2 thriller at Upton Park. Those two goals were half of the team’s total concessions this season.
You can watch the game live on NBCSN from 2:30 p.m. ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 0
- MLS Cup 2000 flashback: Molnar, Meola the heroes for Kansas City – video 0
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 17
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (17)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)