Sep 30, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Everton is the last remaining undefeated team in the Premier League. Newcastle United has won two of its last three but only three of its last 22 games away from home.
It seems the result can only go one way, but Magpies manager Alan Pardew and his team would likely disagree. On the other end, Roberto Martínez finally has his team clicking in the possession style he wants to play, but losing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United doesn’t make it any easier.
Everton and United States No. 1 Tim Howard (pictured) has kept three clean sheets so far, in consecutive matches, ruined by two West Ham goals in last week’s 3-2 thriller at Upton Park. Those two goals were half of the team’s total concessions this season.
You can watch the game live on NBCSN from 2:30 p.m. ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 1
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 4
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0