Oct 1, 2013, 7:27 AM EST
How about a little bit of showboating to start the day? Matchweek 6 saw some slick displays across the Premier League.
West Ham United’s Ricardo Vaz Te showed us that he likes to get horizontal even if Hull City keeper Allan MacGregor (who, by the way, has been fantastic this season) had it covered while the delicate settle-and-turn by West Brom’s Stephane Sessegnon left Michael Carrick with his pants down.
Adnan Januzaj is fast becoming a household name and doesn’t Liam Ridgewell know it after the Baggies left-back was left for dead by the 18-year-old Belgian. Speaking of being left for dead, Steven Gerrard got megged twice this week – once by Shinji Kagawa in the League Cup and once by Craig Gardner (of all people) on Sunday.
Nani is a player who should be in the ‘Showboats’ video every week – and would be if David Moyes wised up and gave the winger the playing time he’s due. Here the Portuguese international is shown casually zig-zagging through the West Brom midfield. Quite a contrast to the silk of Nani is the rough-and-tumble style of Anthony Pilkington but when going against Stoke’s Robert Huth, that methodology is perfectly acceptable.
And while I’m not quite sure how Kevin Mirallas‘ missed tackle and Ravel Morrison‘s failed back-heel makes the ‘Showboats’ reel, Morgan Amalfitano‘s embarrassment of Rio Ferdinand and David de Gea is certainly an appropriate capper to this video. Enjoy.
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 0
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 3
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- UK Twitter chat in 2013 dominated by soccer. Good thing or bad thing? 2
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint