Oct 2, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
With the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League in full-flow this season, you may be too engrossed in the plethora of midweek games to even realize which country most of the players call ‘home.’
Turns out, it varies quite a bit.
Take a look at this snazzy infographic below, which breaks down the percentage of nationalities representing UCL teams, the chance of players from certain countries winning the trophy and a whole host of very cool stats about the cultural identity and makeup of players competing in the group stages of the Champions League.
If you’re Spanish or German, you have a pretty good chance of hoisting the ‘big-eared’ trophy in Lisbon next May. Also, Brazilians and Englishman have an equal chance of winning the Champions League.
So, scroll down and let the info, and the graphics, (hence infographic) do the talking.
Wonderful, wonderful insight into how many different cultures combine to create top soccer teams in Europe.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3