Oct 2, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
With the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League in full-flow this season, you may be too engrossed in the plethora of midweek games to even realize which country most of the players call ‘home.’
Turns out, it varies quite a bit.
Take a look at this snazzy infographic below, which breaks down the percentage of nationalities representing UCL teams, the chance of players from certain countries winning the trophy and a whole host of very cool stats about the cultural identity and makeup of players competing in the group stages of the Champions League.
If you’re Spanish or German, you have a pretty good chance of hoisting the ‘big-eared’ trophy in Lisbon next May. Also, Brazilians and Englishman have an equal chance of winning the Champions League.
So, scroll down and let the info, and the graphics, (hence infographic) do the talking.
Wonderful, wonderful insight into how many different cultures combine to create top soccer teams in Europe.
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 3
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 3
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2