Oct 2, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
With the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League in full-flow this season, you may be too engrossed in the plethora of midweek games to even realize which country most of the players call ‘home.’
Turns out, it varies quite a bit.
Take a look at this snazzy infographic below, which breaks down the percentage of nationalities representing UCL teams, the chance of players from certain countries winning the trophy and a whole host of very cool stats about the cultural identity and makeup of players competing in the group stages of the Champions League.
If you’re Spanish or German, you have a pretty good chance of hoisting the ‘big-eared’ trophy in Lisbon next May. Also, Brazilians and Englishman have an equal chance of winning the Champions League.
So, scroll down and let the info, and the graphics, (hence infographic) do the talking.
Wonderful, wonderful insight into how many different cultures combine to create top soccer teams in Europe.
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: More movement, just not No.1 1
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 1
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0