Oct 3, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The magic of the FA Cup is the magic of non-league and lower-league soccer. On Tuesday, St. Neots Town defender Rene Steer, who played in the Arsenal youth system, produced another special moment worth seeing.
With his club down 1-0 to Canvey Island in the replay of their FA Cup second qualifying round tie, Steer blasted a shot into the upper right-hand corner of the goal in the 71st minute. A stoppage-time goal eliminated St. Neots Town, but even a loss won’t be enough to scrub Steer’s goal from the history books.
St. Neots Town plays in the Southern League Premier Division, which is the seventh level on the English soccer pyramid. Canvey Island plays in the Isthmian League Premier Division, which is on the same rung of the ladder.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0