Oct 4, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
After winning the league last season and jumping out to a strong start this year, it’s no surprise that The Old Lady want to lock down two of their main men in the middle of the field.
Juventus technical director Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed that Arturo Vidal and young Paul Pogba have very nearly completed long-term deals to keep them at Juventus Stadium for the forseeable future.
With Vidal we are down to the final details and there are no problems” Marotta told Gianluca Di Marzio. “It’s the player himself, who despite offers from abroad, wanted to stay with us and we are extremely satisfied with what he has done. The same argument can be made for Pogba.”
It’s been expected for a few months that Vidal would sign a new deal. According to Tuttosport via Football Italia the fresh contract will extend Vidal’s stay at Juventus through 2018, adding two additional seasons to his current arrangement.
Vidal has 26 goals and 18 assists in 89 matches across all competitions for Juventus since his switch from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2011.
As for Pogba, there is little information on a new deal for the 20-year-old other than Marotta’s words, but again this is good news for Juventus. Since Manchester United’s baffling decision to let him walk from Old Trafford, Pogba has blossomed in Serie A.
Much like Vidal, the French youngster’s current deal also expires at the end of 2016
Marotta also confirmed that, while talks are in the preliminary stages, the club is looking to extend the deals of Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio.
- Americans Abroad Review: Guzan blanks Chelsea, Cameron steady again 0
- Messi becomes Barca’s all-time leading scorer with hat trick, Iniesta nets beauty as Blaugrana hang 7 on Osasuna 0
- Woe Trafford: Rooney calls home loss to Liverpool “one of the worst days I’ve ever had in football” 0
- Tottenham 0-1 Arsenal: Early Rosicky goal, solid shape give Arsenal derby double over Spurs (video) 1
- Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool: Gerrard hits twice from the spot to send Reds second (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Title, Champions League races in focus in Sunday derbies 0
- VIDEO: Corinthians Hold Their First Practice at Arena de Sao Paulo
- Seven out of Top 10 Most Famous Brazilians Ever are Soccer Players
- Earthquakes Draw with RSL in 6-Goal Thriller
- Revs' Struggles at PPL Park Remain Intact Following Loss to Union
- D.C. United 2014 Roster Preview: The Defenders Edition
- Rooney Looks to Improve Partnership with RVP Ahead of Liverpool Clash
- Bruin Continues Hot Start, Dynamo Down Impact 1-0
- Red Bulls Don't Complain About Penalty Kick Call
- Liga MX Round-Up: Cruz Azul Back to Top Spot
- Olympiakos Win Their 41st Superleague Title