Oct 4, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
After winning the league last season and jumping out to a strong start this year, it’s no surprise that The Old Lady want to lock down two of their main men in the middle of the field.
Juventus technical director Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed that Arturo Vidal and young Paul Pogba have very nearly completed long-term deals to keep them at Juventus Stadium for the forseeable future.
With Vidal we are down to the final details and there are no problems” Marotta told Gianluca Di Marzio. “It’s the player himself, who despite offers from abroad, wanted to stay with us and we are extremely satisfied with what he has done. The same argument can be made for Pogba.”
It’s been expected for a few months that Vidal would sign a new deal. According to Tuttosport via Football Italia the fresh contract will extend Vidal’s stay at Juventus through 2018, adding two additional seasons to his current arrangement.
Vidal has 26 goals and 18 assists in 89 matches across all competitions for Juventus since his switch from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2011.
As for Pogba, there is little information on a new deal for the 20-year-old other than Marotta’s words, but again this is good news for Juventus. Since Manchester United’s baffling decision to let him walk from Old Trafford, Pogba has blossomed in Serie A.
Much like Vidal, the French youngster’s current deal also expires at the end of 2016
Marotta also confirmed that, while talks are in the preliminary stages, the club is looking to extend the deals of Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio.
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Darmian to Manchester United, Clasie to Southampton 0
- Chelsea and Tottenham to battle for Wembley Stadium as temporary home 0
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 5
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 2
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 2
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0