Oct 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
“People are working very hard to make sure this type of abuse doesn’t exist and we are miles away from the dark ages of just a few years ago.” said Hughton. “But it is still something that I should not have to be dealing with in this day and age.”
The page where the comments were made is an unofficial Facebook page dedicated to banter between fans of Norwich and local rivals Ipswich Town, also known as the East Anglian Derby.
The comments have been reported to the police, who are investigating.
The only black manager in the Premier League will look to put the distraction aside when he faces Jose Mourinho for the first time. Norwich currently sit in 14th in the Premier League with seven points.
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 1
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0