Oct 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
“People are working very hard to make sure this type of abuse doesn’t exist and we are miles away from the dark ages of just a few years ago.” said Hughton. “But it is still something that I should not have to be dealing with in this day and age.”
The page where the comments were made is an unofficial Facebook page dedicated to banter between fans of Norwich and local rivals Ipswich Town, also known as the East Anglian Derby.
The comments have been reported to the police, who are investigating.
The only black manager in the Premier League will look to put the distraction aside when he faces Jose Mourinho for the first time. Norwich currently sit in 14th in the Premier League with seven points.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7