Oct 4, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
“People are working very hard to make sure this type of abuse doesn’t exist and we are miles away from the dark ages of just a few years ago.” said Hughton. “But it is still something that I should not have to be dealing with in this day and age.”
The page where the comments were made is an unofficial Facebook page dedicated to banter between fans of Norwich and local rivals Ipswich Town, also known as the East Anglian Derby.
The comments have been reported to the police, who are investigating.
The only black manager in the Premier League will look to put the distraction aside when he faces Jose Mourinho for the first time. Norwich currently sit in 14th in the Premier League with seven points.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0