Oct 5, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
A 3-0 final score makes the Chicago Fire win at D.C. United on Friday look like a run-away. Which would hardly be surprising since United was playing just three nights after winning the U.S. Open Cup final. Not only was there a short turn-around (plus travel), but United could be forgiven for having a big of a success hangover.
But the match played out much different than a 3-0 final score would indicate, with United creating numerous chances.
Watch the highlights below as Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson made nine saves, well above the MLS average. The win saw Chicago move all the way from 8th to 5th place in the standings.
Here are the NBC highlights from Friday:
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (40)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (27)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)