Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
It didn’t take Liverpool long to break the deadlock at Anfield on Saturday, and it was that man again…
Luis Suarez only returned from his 10-game ban last week against Sunderland, but scored twice and looked a real danger. And against Palace he looked no different, as the Uruguayan finished coolly in the 13th minute.
Three goal in two PL games so far, not a bad return for Liverpool’s talisman.
And just four minutes later Daniel Sturridge got free down the left and smashed a fantastic shot across Julian Speroni and into the bottom corner. 2-0 to Liverpool and not even 20 minutes had been played.
The duo have already caused Palace plenty of problems before half time, and the scoreline really could get embarrassing for the Eagles.
See if Liverpool can rack up more goals, or if Palace will fight back, live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 0
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 2
- Liverpool’s Rodgers disturbed at Premier League scheduling around Europa League 5
- Europa League preview: Second legs prompt excitement (and extra security) 0