Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It didn’t take Liverpool long to break the deadlock at Anfield on Saturday, and it was that man again…
Luis Suarez only returned from his 10-game ban last week against Sunderland, but scored twice and looked a real danger. And against Palace he looked no different, as the Uruguayan finished coolly in the 13th minute.
Three goal in two PL games so far, not a bad return for Liverpool’s talisman.
And just four minutes later Daniel Sturridge got free down the left and smashed a fantastic shot across Julian Speroni and into the bottom corner. 2-0 to Liverpool and not even 20 minutes had been played.
The duo have already caused Palace plenty of problems before half time, and the scoreline really could get embarrassing for the Eagles.
See if Liverpool can rack up more goals, or if Palace will fight back, live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Gold Cup Today: USMNT face Honduras, Panama vs. Haiti kick things off – Day 1 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Darmian to Manchester United, Clasie to Southampton 0
- Chelsea and Tottenham to battle for Wembley Stadium as temporary home 0
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 6
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 3
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 3