Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It didn’t take Liverpool long to break the deadlock at Anfield on Saturday, and it was that man again…
Luis Suarez only returned from his 10-game ban last week against Sunderland, but scored twice and looked a real danger. And against Palace he looked no different, as the Uruguayan finished coolly in the 13th minute.
Three goal in two PL games so far, not a bad return for Liverpool’s talisman.
And just four minutes later Daniel Sturridge got free down the left and smashed a fantastic shot across Julian Speroni and into the bottom corner. 2-0 to Liverpool and not even 20 minutes had been played.
The duo have already caused Palace plenty of problems before half time, and the scoreline really could get embarrassing for the Eagles.
See if Liverpool can rack up more goals, or if Palace will fight back, live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return