Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It didn’t take Liverpool long to break the deadlock at Anfield on Saturday, and it was that man again…
Luis Suarez only returned from his 10-game ban last week against Sunderland, but scored twice and looked a real danger. And against Palace he looked no different, as the Uruguayan finished coolly in the 13th minute.
Three goal in two PL games so far, not a bad return for Liverpool’s talisman.
And just four minutes later Daniel Sturridge got free down the left and smashed a fantastic shot across Julian Speroni and into the bottom corner. 2-0 to Liverpool and not even 20 minutes had been played.
The duo have already caused Palace plenty of problems before half time, and the scoreline really could get embarrassing for the Eagles.
See if Liverpool can rack up more goals, or if Palace will fight back, live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 1
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0