Oct 5, 2013, 8:38 AM EST
It has been a frantic first half at the Etihad, as two goals in quick succession sparked the game into life.
In the 16th minute Everton went 1-0 up to shock the Etihad Stadium, as Romelu Lukaku scored his fourth goal in three Premier League games for Everton. The Belgian forward, on loan from Chelsea, latched onto a long ball over the top, and his shot trickled through Joe Hart and into the goal.
Another bad moment for City’s defense and their goalkeeper.
However City weren’t behind for long, as Yaya Toure pushed City forward straight from the restart and their patient buildup paid off as Toure slotted in Alvaro Negredo to finish and make it 1-1 in the 18th minute.
Great second half coming up live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (40)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)