Oct 6, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
Chelsea are seeking to check back into the top five in the table, which they would do with a win on the road at Norwich (8:30am ET, live on NBCSN and online at NBC Sports Live Extra).
Juan Mata seems to have finally impressed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho enough to earn himself a starting spot – although it’s not where he probably would like to be.
Also of note is Demba Ba will make just his third Premier League appearance of the season at the striker position, ahead of Samuel Eto’o who has less than impressed in his first few matches with Chelsea. It’s a spot that Chelsea have yet to completely figure out, with Mourinho clearly not overly enthused by Ba, Eto’o, or Fernando Torres, who is injured and suspended for the match.
For Norwich, Ricky van Wolfswinkel hasn’t been that impressive at striker either, but he continues to start up front with Gary Hooper still relegated to his spot on the bench.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Howson, Tetty, Fer; Pilkington, Snodgrass; van Wolfswinkel.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Elmander, Redmond, Bennett.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 5
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League 0