Oct 6, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
Chelsea are seeking to check back into the top five in the table, which they would do with a win on the road at Norwich (8:30am ET, live on NBCSN and online at NBC Sports Live Extra).
Juan Mata seems to have finally impressed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho enough to earn himself a starting spot – although it’s not where he probably would like to be.
Also of note is Demba Ba will make just his third Premier League appearance of the season at the striker position, ahead of Samuel Eto’o who has less than impressed in his first few matches with Chelsea. It’s a spot that Chelsea have yet to completely figure out, with Mourinho clearly not overly enthused by Ba, Eto’o, or Fernando Torres, who is injured and suspended for the match.
For Norwich, Ricky van Wolfswinkel hasn’t been that impressive at striker either, but he continues to start up front with Gary Hooper still relegated to his spot on the bench.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Howson, Tetty, Fer; Pilkington, Snodgrass; van Wolfswinkel.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Elmander, Redmond, Bennett.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 1
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- Toluca Head Coach Accuses San Jose of Being Tall
- Shawn Kuykendall, Former D.C. United Player, Dies at 32
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma