Oct 6, 2013, 7:55 AM EST
Chelsea are seeking to check back into the top five in the table, which they would do with a win on the road at Norwich (8:30am ET, live on NBCSN and online at NBC Sports Live Extra).
Juan Mata seems to have finally impressed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho enough to earn himself a starting spot – although it’s not where he probably would like to be.
Also of note is Demba Ba will make just his third Premier League appearance of the season at the striker position, ahead of Samuel Eto’o who has less than impressed in his first few matches with Chelsea. It’s a spot that Chelsea have yet to completely figure out, with Mourinho clearly not overly enthused by Ba, Eto’o, or Fernando Torres, who is injured and suspended for the match.
For Norwich, Ricky van Wolfswinkel hasn’t been that impressive at striker either, but he continues to start up front with Gary Hooper still relegated to his spot on the bench.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Howson, Tetty, Fer; Pilkington, Snodgrass; van Wolfswinkel.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Elmander, Redmond, Bennett.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0
- Manchester United’s two-goal hero Wayne Rooney hails “deserved win.” Should he stay up front? 1
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0