Oct 6, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
Chelsea are seeking to check back into the top five in the table, which they would do with a win on the road at Norwich (8:30am ET, live on NBCSN and online at NBC Sports Live Extra).
Juan Mata seems to have finally impressed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho enough to earn himself a starting spot – although it’s not where he probably would like to be.
Also of note is Demba Ba will make just his third Premier League appearance of the season at the striker position, ahead of Samuel Eto’o who has less than impressed in his first few matches with Chelsea. It’s a spot that Chelsea have yet to completely figure out, with Mourinho clearly not overly enthused by Ba, Eto’o, or Fernando Torres, who is injured and suspended for the match.
For Norwich, Ricky van Wolfswinkel hasn’t been that impressive at striker either, but he continues to start up front with Gary Hooper still relegated to his spot on the bench.
Norwich City – Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Howson, Tetty, Fer; Pilkington, Snodgrass; van Wolfswinkel.
Bench – Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hooper, Elmander, Redmond, Bennett.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3