Oct 7, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
It just so happens that the 150th anniversary of world soccer’s oldest governing body also coincides with the 150th birthday of Transport for London.
So they came up with this amazing London Underground map, that has transformed every station on the tube into a players name, and the different lines have also been renamed with a soccer theme in mind.
Why not take the ‘overseas line’ from Tim Howard to Robin van Persie? Or perhaps the ‘goalscorers line’ from Michel Owen to Kevin Keegan, or the ‘managers line’ from Sir Alf Ramsey to Jose Mourinho?
This really is fantastic for anyone familiar with the London Underground network, as it puts a whole new spin on traveling on the tube. Try it out, English FA style, the next time you travel on London’s Victorian built subway system. It could get confusing, but in the name of soccer, it would be bags of fun.
Check out the images below to plot your way through London, with a soccer twist.
Plot out your route, which famous players will you stop at?
Jurgen Klinsmann, Tim Howard, Clint Dempsey and Javier Hernandez all feature… can you spot them?
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 14
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 22
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1