Oct 7, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
First, a big apology to Chicago Fire’s Sean Johnson. His body of work included nine saves, and some were blue ribbon variety, as the Fire stayed in the post-season chase.
And a bit of an apology to Landon Donovan, who climbed into a shared leadership for all-time leading scorer in Major League Soccer. Along with an assist, setting records that might never be broken (seriously) might usually be sufficient to claim Player of the Week.
But did you see what Vancouver Whitecaps’ forward Camilo did? Oh, my.
The Whitecaps’ Golden Boot pursuer did not only score twice on Sunday, but scored one of the best goals of Major League Soccer’s long season, his sensational scissors kick equalizer.
His other strike was merely wonderful, not Goal of the Year-potential wonderful. Unfortunately, his team didn’t quite get the job done, splitting the points in a 2-2 draw at home with Portland.
Camilo has 18 goals, one behind Montreal striker Marco Di Vaio.
Here, one more time, is the late, overhead, pinpoint targeted effort from Sunday at B.C. Place.
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear