Oct 8, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The report doesn’t expand on the level of interest, even going as far as saying they aren’t sure if the Gunners have spoken to Aston Villa about his availability.
Wojciech Sczcesny was a man with few supporters at the Emirates this summer, but has made a strong case to retain his spot so far this season, doing his part to put Arsenal top of the table in the Barclays Premier League.
Guzan has performed admirably as well at Aston Villa, where he is currently on an 3-match unbeaten run including a win over Manchester City. Guzan and company have allowed just two goals and kept two clean sheets during that span.
At 29 years old, Guzan isn’t old for a goalkeeper, and has plenty of life left in his Premier League career.
The question remains, would Guzan – or any of the others on that list, for that matter – really be an upgrade over the 23-year-old Szczesny, who at such a young age would still have plenty of growing left to do?
The Pole has been overshadowed by the key components of the Arsenal attack, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud, this season. He has, however, made a number of top-drawer saves to keep the Gunners on top of matches this year, despite claiming just one clean sheet.
Given the shaky state of the Arsenal defense, especially in the beginning of the season where Bacary Sagna was forced to play in the middle thanks to so many injuries to the back line, Szczesny’s performance thus far is especially impressive.
Will Arsenal take a liking to the American in the winter? Or will they stick with their current netminder, who continues to impress but can’t seemingly gain the full, everlasting trust of Gunner faithful?
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3