Oct 9, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
If you follow the other football, you know about how the “best laid plans can go oft astray,” as we know. Pink penalty flags, as it turned out, brought their own set of particular problems.
Still, good on everyone who gets a little creative in supporting a worthy cause. Because after a while, just wearing pink shoes falls into declining effectiveness.
So we salute you, Columbus Crew forward Dominic Oduro! A pink mohawk, along with a pink ribbon emblazoned on your noggin? Yep … that’s commitment. Well done, sir.
The creative types at MLS have come up with a few good ideas to support breast cancer awareness this week. My personal favorite, by far: the pink net. It is quite possible that someone has come up with this before … but I don’t remember it. So, well done to you, too, MLS. That’s a swell, creative stroke. (HT Joshua Mayers and his Sounders FC blog; his post is linked above.)
(UPDATE: My bad … I’ve been alerted that pink nets are a league-wide doing, not a Seattle Sounders concept, as the post had previously stated.)
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 1
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0