Oct 9, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
If you follow the other football, you know about how the “best laid plans can go oft astray,” as we know. Pink penalty flags, as it turned out, brought their own set of particular problems.
Still, good on everyone who gets a little creative in supporting a worthy cause. Because after a while, just wearing pink shoes falls into declining effectiveness.
So we salute you, Columbus Crew forward Dominic Oduro! A pink mohawk, along with a pink ribbon emblazoned on your noggin? Yep … that’s commitment. Well done, sir.
The creative types at MLS have come up with a few good ideas to support breast cancer awareness this week. My personal favorite, by far: the pink net. It is quite possible that someone has come up with this before … but I don’t remember it. So, well done to you, too, MLS. That’s a swell, creative stroke. (HT Joshua Mayers and his Sounders FC blog; his post is linked above.)
(UPDATE: My bad … I’ve been alerted that pink nets are a league-wide doing, not a Seattle Sounders concept, as the post had previously stated.)
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4