Oct 9, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
This season in the Premier League, Southampton’s Polish goalkeeper Artur Boruc has kept five clean sheets in seven games… but maybe he’s playing in the wrong position?
Despite his terrific displays for the Saints and being nominated for the Premier League player of the month, Boruc showed he is just as skillful putting balls in the back of the net, as he is at keeping them out. Captured on video by the Polish FA during national team training on Tuesday, the video has well over a million views already.
Poland have two massive World Cup qualifiers coming up this week, with a tough trip to Ukraine on Friday, followed up by a crunch clash with England next Tuesday at Wembley.
If the Poles need a late goal against the Three Lions, don’t be surprised to see Boruc come up for a late corner to try and recreate this marvelous volley. You beauty.
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 2
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 7
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 4
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 7