Oct 9, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
This season in the Premier League, Southampton’s Polish goalkeeper Artur Boruc has kept five clean sheets in seven games… but maybe he’s playing in the wrong position?
Despite his terrific displays for the Saints and being nominated for the Premier League player of the month, Boruc showed he is just as skillful putting balls in the back of the net, as he is at keeping them out. Captured on video by the Polish FA during national team training on Tuesday, the video has well over a million views already.
Poland have two massive World Cup qualifiers coming up this week, with a tough trip to Ukraine on Friday, followed up by a crunch clash with England next Tuesday at Wembley.
If the Poles need a late goal against the Three Lions, don’t be surprised to see Boruc come up for a late corner to try and recreate this marvelous volley. You beauty.
- Report: Manchester United make $45 million bid for Sergio Ramos 1
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3