Oct 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Neymar suffered a hip injury during national team training Thursday and will most likely miss Brazil’s friendly with South Korea on Saturday.
The report says Neymar was clattered by a challenge from Lazio midfielder Hernanes while taking part in a training match in Seoul. He walked off under his own power but visibly in pain.
Brazilian team doctor Edilson Thiele says the extent of the injury is unknown. Therefore, its affect on his status for Brazil’s subsequent friendly with Zambia in Beijing on Tuesday is at this point a mystery.
Barcelona also have upcoming fixtures at Osasuna in La Liga on October 19 and then in Italy against AC Milan in the Champions League on October 22.
Hulk replaced Neymar in the training match and would most likely be the one to replace him on the field Saturday and beyond.
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 1
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0