Oct 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, Neymar suffered a hip injury during national team training Thursday and will most likely miss Brazil’s friendly with South Korea on Saturday.
The report says Neymar was clattered by a challenge from Lazio midfielder Hernanes while taking part in a training match in Seoul. He walked off under his own power but visibly in pain.
Brazilian team doctor Edilson Thiele says the extent of the injury is unknown. Therefore, its affect on his status for Brazil’s subsequent friendly with Zambia in Beijing on Tuesday is at this point a mystery.
Barcelona also have upcoming fixtures at Osasuna in La Liga on October 19 and then in Italy against AC Milan in the Champions League on October 22.
Hulk replaced Neymar in the training match and would most likely be the one to replace him on the field Saturday and beyond.
- Looking back on 2013: Talking through Real Salt Lake’s path to MLS Cup 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 4
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 6
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 9
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (22)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)