Oct 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, Neymar suffered a hip injury during national team training Thursday and will most likely miss Brazil’s friendly with South Korea on Saturday.
The report says Neymar was clattered by a challenge from Lazio midfielder Hernanes while taking part in a training match in Seoul. He walked off under his own power but visibly in pain.
Brazilian team doctor Edilson Thiele says the extent of the injury is unknown. Therefore, its affect on his status for Brazil’s subsequent friendly with Zambia in Beijing on Tuesday is at this point a mystery.
Barcelona also have upcoming fixtures at Osasuna in La Liga on October 19 and then in Italy against AC Milan in the Champions League on October 22.
Hulk replaced Neymar in the training match and would most likely be the one to replace him on the field Saturday and beyond.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
Southampton’s injuries have compounded, as down goes their midfield stalwort.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Manager Peter Vermes, goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen and midfielder Graham Zusi spoke to media from Kansas City on Thursday evening:
Dec 5, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
The loss of the 95-year-old South African legend has reminded many around the sport of memories they had, or what the man did for not just soccer but humanity.
Dec 5, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Will Lukaku and co. roll into the Emirates and upset the apple cart? We break it down:
Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Picking matches in the Premier League is darn near impossible but somebody has to do it.
Dec 5, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
“Right now the media are getting AVB to do exactly what they want him to do, which is react and get upset,” Martino said.
Dec 5, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
Chicago Fire forward Mike Magee was voted the Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player for the 2013 season.
Dec 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
EXCLUSIVE — Howard and Bradley agree huge task awaits in Brazil, but progress past the quarterfinal stage is still the aim:
Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
Pele’s reluctance to help draw the balls stems from his reputation in Brazil as a ‘pe-fri’, or ‘cold foot’.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
“I can’t really see women in football. I don’t like to say it but that’s how it is,” Gattuso said.
Dec 5, 2013, 9:05 AM EST
“The impact of one of the studs on the thigh bone in the right leg has caused extensive hemorrhaging,” the Bayern doctor said.
Dec 5, 2013, 7:59 AM EST
In this article we provide everything you need to know about Friday’s World Cup Draw.
Dec 5, 2013, 7:18 AM EST
An alternative look at all the PL action from match day 14:
Dec 5, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Four weeks ago, Benny Feilhaber wasn’t starting for Kansas City. Now, the former U.S. international’s experiencing a postseason revival.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
Nine matches. 32 goals. All in one place.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Olave, Johnson, and Espindola left, but despite what this year’s narrative said, RSL didn’t rebuild. They merely reloaded.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
What do you remember about the team’s penalty kick win over the LA Galaxy?
Dec 4, 2013, 8:41 PM EST
Peter Vermes’ MLS Cup finalist can still press and pressure – but there are more winning ways in the playbook now:
Dec 4, 2013, 7:53 PM EST
Back at RFK at the turn of the new Millennium, staunch defense helped KC to its one and only MLS Cup:
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 3
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 5
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 4
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 4
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)