Oct 12, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
Friday was the busiest day yet in terms of filling up the field of 32 for next year’s World Cup in Brazil.
The total now stands at 14 after Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Colombia all grabbed spots in the next quadrennial tournament. Honduras just missed on clinching its spot; the small Central American nation needs just a draw on Tuesday for safe arrival into its second consecutive World Cup.
Expect a lot more of this on Tuesday when several nations have a chance to qualify.
For now, here is the latest list:
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3