Oct 12, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
Friday was the busiest day yet in terms of filling up the field of 32 for next year’s World Cup in Brazil.
The total now stands at 14 after Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Colombia all grabbed spots in the next quadrennial tournament. Honduras just missed on clinching its spot; the small Central American nation needs just a draw on Tuesday for safe arrival into its second consecutive World Cup.
Expect a lot more of this on Tuesday when several nations have a chance to qualify.
For now, here is the latest list:
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)