Oct 13, 2013, 8:13 AM EST
Big Sam conceded that the former Manchester United youngster could end up back with his old team, with West Ham unable to resist any big money offers should one arrive.
“I don’t know if there is a buy-back clause and what that figure might be if it even exists,” Allardyce told the Sunday People. “But my real big worry is that Manchester United will come back to buy him.”
The Red Devils sold the 20-year-old in January of 2012, believing him to be a bust. Now, with two goals this season and a handful of impressive performances, Allardyce has cited other occasions as proof that a hefty offer would be irresistible for a club of West Ham’s status.
“Look at what happened when Chris Smalling played a handful of games for Fulham – United jumped in with £10 million” explained Allardyce. “Then there was Phil Jones when I was at Blackburn – that’s what you are up against.”
It certainly would be hard for West Ham to resist that type of offer, but at the same time if a £10 million ($16 million) package were to be accepted, they would feel a certain level of accomplishment on the business. Morrison arrived at Upton Park for less than £1 million ($1.59 million) less than two years ago.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 5
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park