Oct 13, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
“Roberto Martinez wanted me to stay but I’d made up my mind” said Anichebe. “He sent me a lovely text message after I left.”
“The first week I was here I was in bed thinking ‘have I made the right decision,’ texting some of the Everton boys asking how it is” Anichebe said. “But I’m happy I’ve definitely made the right decision, it’s brought out my hunger.
“When I found out (about Albion’s interest), I knew I really wanted to come here, Steve Clarke didn’t really need to persuade me.”
Anichebe made 26 Premier League appearances last season for Everton, and was generally David Moyes‘ first-choice striker. When he made the switch following Moyes’ exit, Martinez was left with just Nikica Jelavic at the front.
Now with West Brom, Anichebe has yet to score this season in three appearances, but does have an assist and is slowly adapting to Clarke’s system which is putting up some serious results.
Anichebe played nearly the full 90 in their 2-1 win at Old Trafford two weeks ago but missed out in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal this past weekend.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs