Oct 13, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
“Roberto Martinez wanted me to stay but I’d made up my mind” said Anichebe. “He sent me a lovely text message after I left.”
“The first week I was here I was in bed thinking ‘have I made the right decision,’ texting some of the Everton boys asking how it is” Anichebe said. “But I’m happy I’ve definitely made the right decision, it’s brought out my hunger.
“When I found out (about Albion’s interest), I knew I really wanted to come here, Steve Clarke didn’t really need to persuade me.”
Anichebe made 26 Premier League appearances last season for Everton, and was generally David Moyes‘ first-choice striker. When he made the switch following Moyes’ exit, Martinez was left with just Nikica Jelavic at the front.
Now with West Brom, Anichebe has yet to score this season in three appearances, but does have an assist and is slowly adapting to Clarke’s system which is putting up some serious results.
Anichebe played nearly the full 90 in their 2-1 win at Old Trafford two weeks ago but missed out in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal this past weekend.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park