Oct 18, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
When flicking through this vast thing we call the internet, I came across something both addicting and extremely worrying at the same time.
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the 2014 World Cup Simulator. Okay, only 21 of the 32 teams have qualified so far, but this simulator predicts the highest seed will win through to the World Cup, so it is a pretty accurate estimation on who will be paired together next June.
Happy Friday folks, this should give you hours of fun.
Essentially all you do is click a few buttons and this simulator kindly selects every group that will take place in Brazil. And if these clearly computed calculations are anything to go by, it’s going to be one tough World Cup for Jurgen Klinsmann’s U.S. side.
Chances are you knew that already because, let’s face it, every World Cup is difficult and just making the dance is a massive achievement for most teams these days.
However, take a look at the images below to see how I single-handedly brought stress and fear to my Friday morning by grouping the USA in the dreaded “Group of Death.” Spain, France and the Ivory Coast… jeesh. And throughout my incessant clicking, the Ivory Coast, Uruguay and Croatia kept cropping up as the USA’s potential opponents. An omen?
And finally, there could almost be a repeat of the 2010 group where the U.S. will face Algeria, England but Switzerland instead of Slovenia.
Enjoy the endless clicks this simulator is sure to provide.
Exhibit A – Group of Death
Exhibit B – A reoccurring theme…
Exhibit C – Close to a 2010 repeat
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1