Oct 18, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
When flicking through this vast thing we call the internet, I came across something both addicting and extremely worrying at the same time.
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the 2014 World Cup Simulator. Okay, only 21 of the 32 teams have qualified so far, but this simulator predicts the highest seed will win through to the World Cup, so it is a pretty accurate estimation on who will be paired together next June.
Happy Friday folks, this should give you hours of fun.
Essentially all you do is click a few buttons and this simulator kindly selects every group that will take place in Brazil. And if these clearly computed calculations are anything to go by, it’s going to be one tough World Cup for Jurgen Klinsmann’s U.S. side.
Chances are you knew that already because, let’s face it, every World Cup is difficult and just making the dance is a massive achievement for most teams these days.
However, take a look at the images below to see how I single-handedly brought stress and fear to my Friday morning by grouping the USA in the dreaded “Group of Death.” Spain, France and the Ivory Coast… jeesh. And throughout my incessant clicking, the Ivory Coast, Uruguay and Croatia kept cropping up as the USA’s potential opponents. An omen?
And finally, there could almost be a repeat of the 2010 group where the U.S. will face Algeria, England but Switzerland instead of Slovenia.
Enjoy the endless clicks this simulator is sure to provide.
Exhibit A – Group of Death
Exhibit B – A reoccurring theme…
Exhibit C – Close to a 2010 repeat
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0
- Study says Lionel Messi top striker in 2015, Cristiano Ronaldo 29th best 3
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1