Oct 19, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Newcastle are determined to avenge last season’s 6-0 loss to Liverpool, and they’re now on their way, thanks to an absolutely incredible strike from Yohan Cabaye.
The Newcastle midfielder took the ball in midfield, cut in toward the right and headed up the flank. He chose to launch his shot from more than thirty yards out, sending a swerving, swooping ball toward the Liverpool goal. Simon Mignolet seemed stunned, waiting a few beats before moving toward the ball, but it was too late: the ball moved first in, then out, before landing in the far corner. But with the way the ball twisted and turned, it’s really unfair to place much of the blame on the Liverpool keeper.
Liverpool nearly responded immediately, with Kolo Toure getting himself some space and the threat being put out for a corner. Luis Suarez brought it down for Mamadou Sakho, but the defender fired his header over the ball.
Will the Reds waste their chance to move back to the top of the table? Or will Suarez and Co. turn things around, and manage to break through what is proving to be a strong Newcastle defense?
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 4