Oct 19, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
FRISCO, Texas – Soon enough, the brothers who run Hunt Sports Group, Dan and Clark Hunt, will convene to begin sorting through candidates to replace Schellas Hyndman. Hyndman resigned this week, effective at season’s end.
One of the first tasks for the new boss will be to get the locker room right. Clearly, things aren’t right.
Even if you accept that locker room chemistry had nothing to do with the team’s dreadful collapse through the summer – from top point producer in the league in May to out of the playoffs with two games remaining – then it was all there to see on a sunny Saturday afternoon in Texas.
David Ferreira, the league’s MVP three years ago as FC Dallas went to the MLS Cup, final, and Brazilian midfielder Jackson had to be separated as the teams went into the tunnel at halftime.
Ferreira has become a polarizing figure around Toyota Stadium, still playing regularly despite significantly decreased mobility and, if we’re honest, not much effectiveness.
Above are the bizarre scenes from Toyota Stadium … in a match, don’t forget, that FC Dallas actually won!
- VIDEO: Is relegation a possibility for Newcastle United? 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 3
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 1
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1