Oct 19, 2013, 6:41 PM EST
FRISCO, Texas – Soon enough, the brothers who run Hunt Sports Group, Dan and Clark Hunt, will convene to begin sorting through candidates to replace Schellas Hyndman. Hyndman resigned this week, effective at season’s end.
One of the first tasks for the new boss will be to get the locker room right. Clearly, things aren’t right.
Even if you accept that locker room chemistry had nothing to do with the team’s dreadful collapse through the summer – from top point producer in the league in May to out of the playoffs with two games remaining – then it was all there to see on a sunny Saturday afternoon in Texas.
David Ferreira, the league’s MVP three years ago as FC Dallas went to the MLS Cup, final, and Brazilian midfielder Jackson had to be separated as the teams went into the tunnel at halftime.
Ferreira has become a polarizing figure around Toyota Stadium, still playing regularly despite significantly decreased mobility and, if we’re honest, not much effectiveness.
Above are the bizarre scenes from Toyota Stadium … in a match, don’t forget, that FC Dallas actually won!
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 3
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4