Oct 19, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Norwich travel to The Emirates today, hoping to be the ones that knock Arsenal off their perch at the top of the table (10 am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra). The hosts haven’t lost since their opening day fall against Aston Villa, sharing the top spot with Liverpool but ahead on goals scored.
The Gunners will be a tough nut for Norwich to crack. Not only is Mesut Ozil healthy after shaking off a knee problem picked up on international duty with Germany midweek, but Arsenal also welcome back Bacary Sagna and Santi Cazorla, the latter whom hasn’t been seen since that Villa loss. He’ll start today, alongside Ozil and Aaron Ramsey, who’s been flat out fantastic, with four goals already this season. Mathieu Flamini sits back to help protect the Arsenal defense, while Olivier Giroud, also with four goals, spearheads the attack.
For the Canaries, it’s fight or flight time. Chris Hughton is under a bit of pressure with his side in the relegation zone, having taken seven points from seven matches. They’ve scored just five goals and are coming off a 3-1 loss to Chelsea. It’s Cardiff next but then Norwich face both sides of Manchester, so nicking a point from Arsenal would certainly boost their outlook.
Arsenal starting XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud
Subs: Vermaelen, Rosicky, Ramsey, Monreal, Fabianski, Bendtner, Jenkinson
Norwich starting XI: Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Tettey, Fer, Howson; Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hooper
Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hoolahan, Becchio, Redmond, R BennettFollow @KDS_Football
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 13
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0