Oct 19, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Jose Mourinho and Chelsea welcome Cardiff City (10am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) to Stamford Bridge, as the West London outfit look to close the gap on the leading pack ahead of them.
Chelsea sit third and a win could potentially leave them top of the PL by the end of Saturday’s games.
After a tumultuous few weeks in the Welsh capital, manager Malkay Mackay is back to concentrating on soccer after trouble behind the scenes with Malaysian owner Vincent Tan replacing Mackay’s head of recruitment.
Shuffling things around once again, Mourinho has Ryan Bertrand at left back in place of the injured Ashley Cole, while Juan Mata, Eden Hazard and Willian are playing in behind Samuel Eto’o. Fernando Torres is back on the bench.
As for Cardiff, they’re going with Peter Odemwingie as the main attacking threat once again, and continue with Medel and Gunnarsson snapping away in central midfield.
Cardiff City: Marshall; Taylor, Caulker (C), Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Odemwingie, Gunnarsson, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile-Catherine. Subs: Lewis, Hudson, Campbell, Kim, Gestede, Noone, Maynard.
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 5
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- Three 2014 World Cup dark horses across three continents 3
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"