Oct 19, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Jose Mourinho and Chelsea welcome Cardiff City (10am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) to Stamford Bridge, as the West London outfit look to close the gap on the leading pack ahead of them.
Chelsea sit third and a win could potentially leave them top of the PL by the end of Saturday’s games.
After a tumultuous few weeks in the Welsh capital, manager Malkay Mackay is back to concentrating on soccer after trouble behind the scenes with Malaysian owner Vincent Tan replacing Mackay’s head of recruitment.
Shuffling things around once again, Mourinho has Ryan Bertrand at left back in place of the injured Ashley Cole, while Juan Mata, Eden Hazard and Willian are playing in behind Samuel Eto’o. Fernando Torres is back on the bench.
As for Cardiff, they’re going with Peter Odemwingie as the main attacking threat once again, and continue with Medel and Gunnarsson snapping away in central midfield.
Cardiff City: Marshall; Taylor, Caulker (C), Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Odemwingie, Gunnarsson, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile-Catherine. Subs: Lewis, Hudson, Campbell, Kim, Gestede, Noone, Maynard.
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2