Oct 19, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
West Bromwich Albion hope to extend their four game unbeaten run when they face Stoke at the Britannia today (10 am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra). The odds are in the visitors’ favor, with Stoke not having won since their 1-0 victory over West Ham, and having lost their last three on the trot. Don’t put any money on this one being a high scorer, either: between the two sides, they’ve scored just 11 goals this season.
There’s little pre-match news to bolster Stoke’s confidence, either. West Brom welcome the return of Victor Anichebe, Matej Vydra, and Shane Long, although only Anichebe makes the starting lineup. Goalkeeper Ben Foster is still out with injury, although it’s tough to judge whether that’s a point in the hosts’ favor. On their end, the Potters have the talented Asmir Begovic in goal, but he’s been away on international duty with Bosnia, and is probably still suffering flashbacks caused by a last-minute shot from Lithuania on Tuesday night.
Stoke also have to contend with the sprightly Morgan Amalfitano, who’s a joy to watch, as well as young Saido Berahino, an early substitute against Manchester United who ended up scoring the winner. Those two flank Stephane Sessegnon, while it’s Victor Anichebe that leads the attack, with Nicolas Anelka dropping back to the bench.
Stoke starting XI: Begovic; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Pieters; Walters, Ireland, Nzonzi, Adam, Assaidi; Arnautovic
Subs: Sorensen, Whelan, Palacios, Jones, Wilson, Crouch, Etherington
West Brom starting XI: Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Yacob, Mulumbu, Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Berahino, Anichebe
Subs: L Daniels, Morrison, Anelka, Brunt, Long, Vydra, Dawson
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 3
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 2
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0