Oct 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Today, Aron Johannsson led AZ Alkmaar to a 3-1 win over Cambuur with a brace and assist, putting his name on all three goals for AZ on the day.
The Icelandic-American absolutely cannot be beat in Eredivisie play right now, as he continues to engrave his name on scoresheet after scoresheet.
22-year-old Johannsson who recently grabbed his first United States cap after picking the US over Iceland, now has seven goals in ten matches in Eredivisie play this season.
Of the six matches he’s scored in, Alkmaar have won five and lost just one. In matches which Johannsson hasn’t scored, they’ve lost three and drawn one, with no wins.
It has been Johannsson’s job to take over for fellow American Jozy Altidore in the front of AZ’s formation, who left for Sunderland of the Barclays Premier League.
Thanks to Sports Illustrated’s Brian Sciaretta, who tweeted the links, we have video of his goals.
Here’s the first, where he finds acres of space in the box and finishes well from close range:
AZ Cam Johannsson by goalsandmore
And the second: a brilliant run, cutback, and deadly finish:
AZ Cam Johannsson2 by goalsandmore
- Looking back on 2013: Talking through Real Salt Lake’s path to MLS Cup 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Will Everton upset Arsenal? Can Man United bounce back vs. Newcastle? 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: Sunderland and Everton to upset odds 4
- Kyle Martino chats Andre Villas-Boas drama and Premier League parity 0
- Mike Magee Wins 2013 MLS Most Valuable Player Award 6
- USA fear toughest ever World Cup draw but relish chance to make history 5
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Everything you need to know 3
- Premier League Playback: Moyes needs more, Suarez is Superman, Altidore (finally) off the mark 9
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (22)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)