Oct 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Today, Aron Johannsson led AZ Alkmaar to a 3-1 win over Cambuur with a brace and assist, putting his name on all three goals for AZ on the day.
The Icelandic-American absolutely cannot be beat in Eredivisie play right now, as he continues to engrave his name on scoresheet after scoresheet.
22-year-old Johannsson who recently grabbed his first United States cap after picking the US over Iceland, now has seven goals in ten matches in Eredivisie play this season.
Of the six matches he’s scored in, Alkmaar have won five and lost just one. In matches which Johannsson hasn’t scored, they’ve lost three and drawn one, with no wins.
It has been Johannsson’s job to take over for fellow American Jozy Altidore in the front of AZ’s formation, who left for Sunderland of the Barclays Premier League.
Thanks to Sports Illustrated’s Brian Sciaretta, who tweeted the links, we have video of his goals.
Here’s the first, where he finds acres of space in the box and finishes well from close range:
AZ Cam Johannsson by goalsandmore
And the second: a brilliant run, cutback, and deadly finish:
AZ Cam Johannsson2 by goalsandmore
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 2
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0