Oct 20, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
It hasn’t been pretty the last two times Villa hosted Spurs, with both ending in 4-0 defeats for the home side.
However, with new-look Spurs having long since parted with the man who scored a hat-trick during the last visit – Gareth Bale – questions still remain about the on-field chemistry of the completely remodeled visitors.
Still, it’s hard to argue with history, and history says Tottenham are unbeaten in their last nine matchups with Aston Villa, winning six. But streaks were meant to be broken, right? Villa will go for it at 11am ET live on NBCSN, or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Christian Benteke, still on his way back from injury, can only make the bench as Villa try to break that mark. Roberto Soldado returns to the starting lineup for Spurs after their disaster against West Ham time out.
The Spurs bench is an interesting one, with new boys Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen both sitting as well as Moussa Dembele as Andre Villas Boas makes a host of changes following that West Ham match. Nacer Chadli is dropped altogether.
Aston Villa: Guzan; Bacuna, Clark, Vlaar, Luna; Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph, Weimann; Agbonlahor, Kozak.
Bench – Steer, Helenius, Sylla, Benteke, Bowery, Tonev, Lowton.
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 0
- How well did Major League Soccer’s format work in 2013? Few qualms with this year’s results 3
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Here’s how it’s going to work 1
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States 13
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three 11
- Meet the Premier League’s other U.S. international goalkeeper: Cody Cropper 5
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United v. Everton 1
- Debunking the myth of Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City as bitter rivals 2
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (18)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (16)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (13)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)