Oct 20, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
Despite missing four full matches due to injury since his switch to La Liga and playing just 120 minutes total, Bale says rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.
“It was just a little thigh strain that was blown massively out of proportion,” Bale Real Madrid TV. “It is just a minor injury and I’m back now.”
Bale returned once again as a substitute in Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Malaga at the Bernabeu, coming on in the 76th minute.
“I’ve not had a lot of game time, pre-season, training or running so you pick up little niggles. I have to take one step at a time. I’ve not had much training or games. It’s all about building me up now.”
The point about a lack of training is a fair one, with Bale barely even seeing a pitch during the saga leading up to his transfer, and he was injured directly after. But he’s finally looking forward to going on with the rest of the season.
“I need to introduce myself now and prepare myself right for the rest of the season,” Bale said. “It was massively important to get a win today. We played well throughout whole game and we’re now looking forward to next two games.”
- Follow live – UEFA Champions League: Manchester City vs. AS Roma 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: More movement, just not No.1 1
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 1
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0