Oct 20, 2013, 2:51 PM EST
Despite missing four full matches due to injury since his switch to La Liga and playing just 120 minutes total, Bale says rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.
“It was just a little thigh strain that was blown massively out of proportion,” Bale Real Madrid TV. “It is just a minor injury and I’m back now.”
Bale returned once again as a substitute in Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Malaga at the Bernabeu, coming on in the 76th minute.
“I’ve not had a lot of game time, pre-season, training or running so you pick up little niggles. I have to take one step at a time. I’ve not had much training or games. It’s all about building me up now.”
The point about a lack of training is a fair one, with Bale barely even seeing a pitch during the saga leading up to his transfer, and he was injured directly after. But he’s finally looking forward to going on with the rest of the season.
“I need to introduce myself now and prepare myself right for the rest of the season,” Bale said. “It was massively important to get a win today. We played well throughout whole game and we’re now looking forward to next two games.”
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls