Oct 20, 2013, 7:27 AM EDT
A little nugget out of yesterday’s play around Europe, Zlatan Ibrahimovic continues to be…well…Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Known for his acrobatic flair and style, he’s done it again.
With Paris Saint-Germain hosting SC Bastia in Ligue 1 play, the Swede opened the scoring with a ridiculous goal that would make Mr. Myagi proud.
In the 10th minute the ball popped straight up in the air in the penalty area, Ibrahimovic runs over to settle the ball and attempt a shot. However, he overruns the ball and is also covered well by a defender.
So what does he do? Just a simple little backheel-karate-scorpion-kick whatever-you-want-to-call-it ridiculous move…straight into the top corner. The goal opened the scoring and PSG went on to win 4-0.
“Incroyable” and “magnifique” are just two of the words used to describe the thing of beauty by the French Ligue 1 announcers on the call. Fittingly.
Seeing is believing people:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 1
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2