Oct 21, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
The Premier League’s Monday night games have not been short on entertainment this season. This week, another early goal leaves the rest of the game looking very interesting.
One of two CONCACAF players in the starting lineups, Jamaican defender Adrian Mariappa, scored in the seventh minute for 19th-placed Crystal Palace. Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg was slow to react to a deflected cross and could not position himself to stop Mariappa’s header from six yards out.
For Palace, which has only one win all season, three points against a relegation rival would be vital. Mariappa has the Eagles on their way — but it’s still very early.
Watch the rest of the game on NBCSN or streaming on NBC Live Extra.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''