Oct 21, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
The Premier League’s Monday night games have not been short on entertainment this season. This week, another early goal leaves the rest of the game looking very interesting.
One of two CONCACAF players in the starting lineups, Jamaican defender Adrian Mariappa, scored in the seventh minute for 19th-placed Crystal Palace. Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg was slow to react to a deflected cross and could not position himself to stop Mariappa’s header from six yards out.
For Palace, which has only one win all season, three points against a relegation rival would be vital. Mariappa has the Eagles on their way — but it’s still very early.
Watch the rest of the game on NBCSN or streaming on NBC Live Extra.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14