Oct 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Have you ever wanted to hear exactly what Tim Howard thinks during a game?
Well, here’s your chance.
The U.S. national team and Everton goalkeeper will become the first active Premier League player to join NBC’s coverage of the PL this weekend, as Howard will join NBC’s lead soccer announcer Arlo White on the call of the Chelsea-Manchester City match Sunday at 12 Noon ET on NBCSN.
Howard will be in the booth one day after suiting up for Everton in their Saturday match at Aston Villa (10am ET on Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra).
The announcement comes from an upcoming NBC Sports press release.
“It is the first time we will have an active player in our announce booth,” said NBC Sports Group coordinating producer Pierre Moossa. “He has recently played against both Chelsea and Manchester City and will provide the viewer with a very unique perspective on not only the game but what it is like to face these current squads on the pitch.”
“It’s a real coup for NBC Sports to secure Tim’s services for this huge game,” added Arlo White. “Not only is he one of the best US players of his generation, he has been mixing it with the best players on the Premier League for over a decade. His insights will be fascinating.”
Howard’s Everton beat Chelsea 1-0 back in September, and the Toffees lost 3-1 to Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium after going 1-0 up early on. The 34-year-olds insight is sure to be intriguing as the mammoth clash unfolds.
Get ready to hear Howard rating and slating the opposition, as the USMNT superstar shares his views on two teams he’s been facing for over a decade. One question… is it Sunday yet?
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 3
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0