Oct 22, 2013, 7:35 AM EDT
But one man put together a consistent display of artistry that outshined all others – Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey. The Welshman’s dazzling footskills were unleashed throughout the 90 minutes, constantly making the Norwich City defense look like mannequins.
Everyone will remember his goal that cut up the Canaries defense, leaving four men clutching at the turf, but how about his toying of Russell Martin and Roberto Snodgrass as he jinked down the left wing before pulling a Maradona spin into a back heel pass to Ozil?
That was something special.
The 22 year old unleashed bags of tricks throughout the match ensuring that when pundits talk about player of the year candidates in the Premier League, the name ‘Ramsey’ stays atop the list.
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 0
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3