Oct 22, 2013, 7:35 AM EDT
But one man put together a consistent display of artistry that outshined all others – Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey. The Welshman’s dazzling footskills were unleashed throughout the 90 minutes, constantly making the Norwich City defense look like mannequins.
Everyone will remember his goal that cut up the Canaries defense, leaving four men clutching at the turf, but how about his toying of Russell Martin and Roberto Snodgrass as he jinked down the left wing before pulling a Maradona spin into a back heel pass to Ozil?
That was something special.
The 22 year old unleashed bags of tricks throughout the match ensuring that when pundits talk about player of the year candidates in the Premier League, the name ‘Ramsey’ stays atop the list.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0