Oct 22, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
Mesut Ozil‘s transition from La Liga to the Premier League has been flawless, fitting in perfectly with the quick, possession-based style of Arsenal.
With masterful ball control and sensational vision, Ozil has been one of the Gunners’ keys to unlocking opposition defenses.
On Saturday, one of Europe’s most prolific providers turned goal scorer when he notched his first and second goals of the Premier League season to defeat Norwich City 4-1.
Both goals were examples of Ozil’s immaculate timing and reading of the game.
On the first, he waltzed through the Canaries defense to head home Olivier Giroud‘s beautiful service. On the second, Ozil read Tomas Rosicky‘s cross to Aaron Ramsey, putting himself in the perfect position to finish off the second ball played back across the goal.
As Ozil continues to develop different aspects of his game, Arsenal inches closer and closer to the Premier League title.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 3
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 9
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3