Oct 22, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
Mesut Ozil‘s transition from La Liga to the Premier League has been flawless, fitting in perfectly with the quick, possession-based style of Arsenal.
With masterful ball control and sensational vision, Ozil has been one of the Gunners’ keys to unlocking opposition defenses.
On Saturday, one of Europe’s most prolific providers turned goal scorer when he notched his first and second goals of the Premier League season to defeat Norwich City 4-1.
Both goals were examples of Ozil’s immaculate timing and reading of the game.
On the first, he waltzed through the Canaries defense to head home Olivier Giroud‘s beautiful service. On the second, Ozil read Tomas Rosicky‘s cross to Aaron Ramsey, putting himself in the perfect position to finish off the second ball played back across the goal.
As Ozil continues to develop different aspects of his game, Arsenal inches closer and closer to the Premier League title.
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 0
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Player of the Week: Will Bruin 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers