Oct 22, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
Mesut Ozil‘s transition from La Liga to the Premier League has been flawless, fitting in perfectly with the quick, possession-based style of Arsenal.
With masterful ball control and sensational vision, Ozil has been one of the Gunners’ keys to unlocking opposition defenses.
On Saturday, one of Europe’s most prolific providers turned goal scorer when he notched his first and second goals of the Premier League season to defeat Norwich City 4-1.
Both goals were examples of Ozil’s immaculate timing and reading of the game.
On the first, he waltzed through the Canaries defense to head home Olivier Giroud‘s beautiful service. On the second, Ozil read Tomas Rosicky‘s cross to Aaron Ramsey, putting himself in the perfect position to finish off the second ball played back across the goal.
As Ozil continues to develop different aspects of his game, Arsenal inches closer and closer to the Premier League title.
- MLS Week 1 preview: Sounders vs. Revs, Timbers vs. RSL headline First Kick weekend 0
- FA Cup preview: Wembley trips on the line as Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool shoot for semis 0
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 4
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9