Oct 22, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
Mesut Ozil‘s transition from La Liga to the Premier League has been flawless, fitting in perfectly with the quick, possession-based style of Arsenal.
With masterful ball control and sensational vision, Ozil has been one of the Gunners’ keys to unlocking opposition defenses.
On Saturday, one of Europe’s most prolific providers turned goal scorer when he notched his first and second goals of the Premier League season to defeat Norwich City 4-1.
Both goals were examples of Ozil’s immaculate timing and reading of the game.
On the first, he waltzed through the Canaries defense to head home Olivier Giroud‘s beautiful service. On the second, Ozil read Tomas Rosicky‘s cross to Aaron Ramsey, putting himself in the perfect position to finish off the second ball played back across the goal.
As Ozil continues to develop different aspects of his game, Arsenal inches closer and closer to the Premier League title.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 5
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0
- League Cup roundup: Sheffield United shocks Saints, Chelsea also moves to semifinals 0