Oct 22, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
It was a week of great goals in the Premier League, here are the Top 5.
#5 Oscar (Chelsea)
Oscar has proven himself a special player who can score all types of goals. Against Cardiff City on Saturday, he latched on to Ramires‘ pass to unleash a 20 yard dandy that kissed the bottom of the bar and handed Chelsea a comfortable 4-1 victory.
#4 Steve Sidwell (Fulham)
Sidwell is one of those guys who doesn’t get his fair due as a Premier League player but is always in the thick of things during matches. Fearless in sacrificing his body, he’s scored a wide variety of goals but perhaps none better than Monday’s 22 yard volley in the top corner to put away Crystal Palace.
#3 Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City)
You can bet Craig Gardner will step a bit quicker next time he sees De Guzman with an open shot from outside. On Saturday, he failed to do so and was punished when the Canadian-born midfielder picked his corner and curled in a lovely effort from 24 yards out.
#2 Pajtim Kasami (Fulham)
It’s a rare occasion that I’ll bust out a full article waxing poetic on someone’s goal but that was exactly the case earlier today with Pajtim Kasami. Clearly my take is at odds with the editors at the Premier League, who downgraded the Swiss international’s goal to #2 of the week.
#1 Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
Hands down the best team goal of the season, Wilshere’s finish was classy but the build-up was astounding. Four one-touch passes in a space smaller the size of your bathtub followed by a one-touch finish had angels across the sky weeping in bliss.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1