Oct 24, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Now that they have the long flights out of their legs from international duty, United States national teamers abroad should be ready to return to full action this weekend.
Here is a list of just a handful of American players who will be on television this weekend:
• Stoke City’s American contingent of Geoff Cameron and Brek Shea (who reportedly wants to go on loan to get more playing time) take on Manchester United (Saturday, 9:45 a.m. ET, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra).
• The two best goalkeepers for the U.S., according to their current rank on the team, go head to head for the first time this season on Saturday. Brad Guzan and Aston Villa host Tim Howard and Everton (10 a.m., NBC Sports Live Extra). The next day, Howard makes his broadcasting debut as color commentator for NBCSN’s broadcast of Chelsea vs. Manchester City (11:30 a.m.).
• FC Nürnberg travels to VfB Stuttgart on Friday (2:30 p.m., GolTV) with Timmy Chandler in tow. With a win, Nürnberg could climb out of the relegation playoff place near the bottom of the Bundesliga table.
• Despite recent struggles with a knee injury, Jermaine Jones played 71 minutes for Schalke in the Champions League on Tuesday. His team resumes league play with a tough match against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday (9:30 a.m., GolTV).
• Alejandro Bedoya received high praise from U.S. head coach Jürgen Klinsmann in a Q&A on the U.S. Soccer site today. His club team, FC Nantes, hosts Lille on Friday (2:25 p.m., beIN Sport).
• Finally, Michael Bradley was back in the game-day roster for AS Roma last weekend, in its win over Napoli. On Sunday, American fans can watch and hope he will make his full return from an ankle injury (9:55 a.m., beIN Sport), as he still has not played since the pre-game warmup at Costa Rica.
• Club Tijuana — or Tijuanamerica, with the number of U.S. internationals on the squad — meets Tigres UANL on Friday (10:25 p.m., ESPN Deportes or WatchESPN). Édgar Castillo, Greg Garza, Joe Corona, Hérculez Gómez and Paul Arriola should all be available for the Xolos, while Jonathan Bornstein has found playing time scarce for Tigres this season.
• DaMarcus Beasley and Michael Orozco of Puebla return to Estadio Azteca when they travel to play Club América on Saturday (5:55 p.m., Univision).
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0