Oct 24, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
One of the best goals of the month came from an Irish women’s league game, when Stephanie Roche juggled the ball on top of the opponent’s penalty area before slamming home an audacious volley.
It was the Peamount United and Republic of Ireland forward’s first goal of the season. Because league games are not televised, the club uploaded her goal to YouTube and watched the hits stack up.
“To be honest, I didn’t think at the time how good of a goal it was,” Roche told Extratime.ie. “The hype over it is unbelievable. I can’t believe it.”
Once you see the goal (or see it again, if you already have), you’ll understand why so many people are talking about it:
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 2
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 2
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 9