Oct 24, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
One of the best goals of the month came from an Irish women’s league game, when Stephanie Roche juggled the ball on top of the opponent’s penalty area before slamming home an audacious volley.
It was the Peamount United and Republic of Ireland forward’s first goal of the season. Because league games are not televised, the club uploaded her goal to YouTube and watched the hits stack up.
“To be honest, I didn’t think at the time how good of a goal it was,” Roche told Extratime.ie. “The hype over it is unbelievable. I can’t believe it.”
Once you see the goal (or see it again, if you already have), you’ll understand why so many people are talking about it:
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0