Oct 24, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
One of the best goals of the month came from an Irish women’s league game, when Stephanie Roche juggled the ball on top of the opponent’s penalty area before slamming home an audacious volley.
It was the Peamount United and Republic of Ireland forward’s first goal of the season. Because league games are not televised, the club uploaded her goal to YouTube and watched the hits stack up.
“To be honest, I didn’t think at the time how good of a goal it was,” Roche told Extratime.ie. “The hype over it is unbelievable. I can’t believe it.”
Once you see the goal (or see it again, if you already have), you’ll understand why so many people are talking about it:
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0