Oct 26, 2013, 3:24 PM EST
Alex Morgan will miss Sunday’s United States women’s national team game against New Zealand with a left ankle injury. U.S. Soccer says that Morgan picked up the injury during training in San Antonio this past week and that she’s being held from the game as a precaution.
Morgan is day-to-day for Wednesday’s game – also against New Zealand – U.S. Soccer says.
Morgan has six goals and four assists in 11 games with the United States this year. She won the National Women’s Soccer League Championship with Portland Thorns FC in August, coming on as a substitute in the final after missing three weeks due to an unrelated left MCL sprain suffered in NWSL play.
The U.S. is fresh off a 4-0 win over Australia and faces New Zealand on Sunday in San Francisco before Wednesday’s game in Columbus, Ohio. The No. 1 ranked Americans end their 2013 schedule on Nov. 10 against Brazil (3:30 p.m. ET on NBC).
- Premier League roundup: Boxing Day madness as Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool win 0
- Arsenal 2-1 Queens Park Rangers: Gunners overcome Giroud red card to hold off R’s 1
- Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle United: Rooney stars as Red Devils cruise 0
- Watch Live: Arsenal vs. Queens Park Rangers (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- LIVE – Premier League, at the half: Boxing Day madness, as goals continue to fly in 0
- Chelsea 2-0 West Ham United: Blues win on Boxing Day, extend lead at summit 1