Oct 26, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Alex Morgan will miss Sunday’s United States women’s national team game against New Zealand with a left ankle injury. U.S. Soccer says that Morgan picked up the injury during training in San Antonio this past week and that she’s being held from the game as a precaution.
Morgan is day-to-day for Wednesday’s game – also against New Zealand – U.S. Soccer says.
Morgan has six goals and four assists in 11 games with the United States this year. She won the National Women’s Soccer League Championship with Portland Thorns FC in August, coming on as a substitute in the final after missing three weeks due to an unrelated left MCL sprain suffered in NWSL play.
The U.S. is fresh off a 4-0 win over Australia and faces New Zealand on Sunday in San Francisco before Wednesday’s game in Columbus, Ohio. The No. 1 ranked Americans end their 2013 schedule on Nov. 10 against Brazil (3:30 p.m. ET on NBC).
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 1
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0