Oct 26, 2013, 3:24 PM EST
Alex Morgan will miss Sunday’s United States women’s national team game against New Zealand with a left ankle injury. U.S. Soccer says that Morgan picked up the injury during training in San Antonio this past week and that she’s being held from the game as a precaution.
Morgan is day-to-day for Wednesday’s game – also against New Zealand – U.S. Soccer says.
Morgan has six goals and four assists in 11 games with the United States this year. She won the National Women’s Soccer League Championship with Portland Thorns FC in August, coming on as a substitute in the final after missing three weeks due to an unrelated left MCL sprain suffered in NWSL play.
The U.S. is fresh off a 4-0 win over Australia and faces New Zealand on Sunday in San Francisco before Wednesday’s game in Columbus, Ohio. The No. 1 ranked Americans end their 2013 schedule on Nov. 10 against Brazil (3:30 p.m. ET on NBC).
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0