Oct 26, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
The Luis Suarez show took center stage at Anfield on Saturday, as the Uruguayan international scored a hat trick in Liverpool’s marauding display against West Brom.
Suarez’ treble, which was his fourth for Liverpool and first at Anfield, was a masterclass of clinical finishing as he headed home twice and scored a brilliant individual effort for the first goal to put Liverpool 3-0 ahead with over 30 minutes to go.
The 26-year-old striker gave Liverpool an early lead after 10 minutes, with a superb solo strike as he took the ball past one defender, nutmegged another and drilled the ball home. Majestic strike from the deadly Uruguayan.
Then in the 16th minute, Suarez headed home a great cross from Aly Cissokho with a bullet finish that really was a fantastic goal. How Suarez got that much power in his header was astonishing, as he rose highest from just outside the box and arrowed his effort into the top corner.
And in the 54th minute, he grabbed a third from Gerrard’s inswinging free kick. How many more will he get?
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 9
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 2
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0