Oct 26, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
“It’s like bringing a gun to a knife fight” says Ray Hudson about Barcelona starting Neymar against Real Madrid. And sure enough, the Brazilian has scored in his first el Clasico, giving his side the lead before 20 minutes were up.
It was Andres Iniesta, naturally, who set up the goal. Iniesta took the ball up through the middle, splitting through the Madrid defense and bringing them in toward the center. Neymar, meanwhile, stuck to the left side, where he was able to receive an absolutely perfect pass from Iniesta. The Brazilian kept his shot low, slipping past Diego Lopez and settling by the far post.
Now it’s up to Madrid to not just equalize but to pull ahead, as it’s the galacticos that stand to gain more with a win. Despite a lackluster start to the season, three points would put them even with Barcelona. Unfortunately for the visitors, they’re a bit out of sync, with misplaced passes and a seeming lack of ideas.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 1
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3