Oct 26, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
It was another Saturday full of goals and thrills in the Premier League. All but one match on Saturday provided a goal, and the league’s signature open attacks were all around again.
United left it late to get a win, Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge put on a clinic, and Brad Guzan and Tim Howard did the same between the posts. Arsenal won despite a red card, Chicharito got off the mark in a substitute appearance, and Romelu Lukaku scored again for his loanee club.
We have recaps of each match (and video highlights, when they become available) right here:
The battle of top American goalkeepers did not disappoint, as both Brad Guzan and Tim Howard made sensational saves (the latter stopping a penalty) before Romelu Lukaku and Leon Osman scored late for the visitors.
Luis Suárez scored three goals, bagging a hat trick in just under an hour. His strikes included incredible individual action, as he dribbled through the West Brom defense like cones on the training ground and slammed home a header from the top of the penalty area. Daniel Surridge’s chip wasn’t bad, either.
Peter Crouch gave the visitors a shock lead at Old Trafford, and United took its time to recover. But when it did, it struck quickly, with Wayne Rooney and Javier Chicharito Hernández scoring a couple minutes apart to steal all three points late.
The Canaries and Bluebirds could not find a winner between them, playing to a scoreless draw at Carrow Road. Norwich had the majority of the chances at home and will feel it should have come away with a win.
Mauricio Pochettino‘s men rode their first-half dominance to a comfortable home win over Fulham. England hero Rickie Lambert and Jay Rodriguez scored similar goals, getting around to the back post to nod home headers from inside the six-yard box.
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2