Oct 26, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Southampton are sitting pretty at half time of their game at St. Mary’s, as they lead Fulham 2-0 after completely dominating.
The Saints were rewarded for their bright start as Rickie Lambert grabbed the opener. 18-year-old James Ward-Prowse whipped in a great corner that was flicked on at the near post by Jay Rodriguez and Lambert lost his man at the back post to nod home his third Premier League goal of the season.
Saints were rampant as Fulham couldn’t handle their high-pressing style and in the 42nd minute the Saints went 2-0 up as captain Lallana curled in a perfect ball to the back post and found Lambert who nodded across goal for Rodriguez to head home his second PL goal of the year. It was Southampton’s 13th effort of the first half, as they went in ahead at the break.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 2
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 7
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0