Oct 26, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
Southampton are sitting pretty at half time of their game at St. Mary’s, as they lead Fulham 2-0 after completely dominating.
The Saints were rewarded for their bright start as Rickie Lambert grabbed the opener. 18-year-old James Ward-Prowse whipped in a great corner that was flicked on at the near post by Jay Rodriguez and Lambert lost his man at the back post to nod home his third Premier League goal of the season.
Saints were rampant as Fulham couldn’t handle their high-pressing style and in the 42nd minute the Saints went 2-0 up as captain Lallana curled in a perfect ball to the back post and found Lambert who nodded across goal for Rodriguez to head home his second PL goal of the year. It was Southampton’s 13th effort of the first half, as they went in ahead at the break.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''