Oct 26, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Southampton are sitting pretty at half time of their game at St. Mary’s, as they lead Fulham 2-0 after completely dominating.
The Saints were rewarded for their bright start as Rickie Lambert grabbed the opener. 18-year-old James Ward-Prowse whipped in a great corner that was flicked on at the near post by Jay Rodriguez and Lambert lost his man at the back post to nod home his third Premier League goal of the season.
Saints were rampant as Fulham couldn’t handle their high-pressing style and in the 42nd minute the Saints went 2-0 up as captain Lallana curled in a perfect ball to the back post and found Lambert who nodded across goal for Rodriguez to head home his second PL goal of the year. It was Southampton’s 13th effort of the first half, as they went in ahead at the break.
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1