Oct 26, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Southampton are sitting pretty at half time of their game at St. Mary’s, as they lead Fulham 2-0 after completely dominating.
The Saints were rewarded for their bright start as Rickie Lambert grabbed the opener. 18-year-old James Ward-Prowse whipped in a great corner that was flicked on at the near post by Jay Rodriguez and Lambert lost his man at the back post to nod home his third Premier League goal of the season.
Saints were rampant as Fulham couldn’t handle their high-pressing style and in the 42nd minute the Saints went 2-0 up as captain Lallana curled in a perfect ball to the back post and found Lambert who nodded across goal for Rodriguez to head home his second PL goal of the year. It was Southampton’s 13th effort of the first half, as they went in ahead at the break.
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 2
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 1
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 7
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 2