Oct 27, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Jose Mourinho looks to defend his unbeaten managerial record at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea welcomes Manchester City in a match that could ultimately have title implications.
Chelsea themselves haven’t lost in the Premier League since a 1-0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers all the way back in January.
Mourinho took some shots at City manager Manuel Pellegrini before the match, hinting that Pellegrini’s move to Malaga after being fired from Real Madrid should have been beneath anyone who fancies themselves a top-class manager.
With both teams firing on all cylinders, it is Manchester City who have a few players struggling with fitness, while Chelsea come into the match at near full strength.
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany will again miss out due to a hip problem, a massive blow for Pellegrini in his central defense. Martin Demichelis makes his first start for Manchester City in Kompany’s place, having come back from a knee injury sustained directly after completing his transfer from Atletico Madrid.
The Blues have Fernando Torres at the head of their attack today, with the revolving striker door at Stamford Bridge continuing to churn.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy; Garcia, Toure; Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva; Aguero.
Bench – Pantilimon, Navas, Kolarov, Dzeko, Negredo, Milner, Richards
- WATCH: Special ‘Transfer Deadline Day show’ live online, NBCSN 0
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 4
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 2
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0