Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th– and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 3-0 Orlando City SC 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0
- Despite defeat to Chelsea, Louis van Gaal hails Manchester United’s “best match of season” 1
- Three things we learned from Chelsea’s win vs. Manchester United 3
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United: Hazard leads defensive Blues past Red Devils (video) 0