Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 10