Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th– and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 0
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 3
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0