Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2