Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th– and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0