Oct 28, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Soccer’s 18th playoff season begins Wednesday; the first of 10 qualifiers will be eliminated that night as the field begins to narrow.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th– and 5th-place finishers from each conference.
From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
Dates for Major League Soccer’s conference finals are as follows:
- First leg: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Second leg: 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- The 18th MLS Cup is set for Dec. 7 (Sat.) at the site of the higher seeded team.
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 0
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 3
- Sepp Blatter refuses to quit as FIFA president despite plea from UEFA’s Michel Platini 5
- Russia, Vladimir Putin criticize US government for “illegal persecution” of FIFA 16
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 6
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5