Oct 28, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
There’s a possibility that Dempsey, now with the Seattle Sounders, would be available to return to the Premier League during the MLS offseason.
Dempsey did not leave Fulham on such good terms, but with the Cottagers toiling in 14th place any help is welcome.
All Jol could be coaxed into saying about Dempsey was “It’s unbelievable speculation, which is nice. I never talk about players, especially when they are not here.”
The Fulham manager has often lamented the departures of Clint Dempsey and Mousa Dembele and used them as an excuse more than once for poor performances since they left Craven Cottage for Spurs in the final days of the 2012 summer transfer window.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 1
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 5
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo