Oct 28, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
AS Roma refused a €7 million transfer offer for United States international Michael Bradley in preseason, according to a report from Italy. Transfer market specialist Gianluca Di Marzio reported Monday that Roma received offers for Bradley and fellow midfielder Miralem Pjanić from Premier League clubs.
“The offer was refused since Roma believes in Bradley, an American who is a strong professional, who is humble and has good technique,” the report said.
Cardiff City put in its offer for Bradley, while Tottenham Hotspur was willing to give up €25 million for Pjanić. In addition, Verona wanted Brazilian defender Dodô on loan, but Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini turned down all three offers.
Bradley made his long-awaited return from an ankle injury on Sunday, scoring the game-winning goal in the last 10 minutes. Roma was down to 10 men at Udinese after Maicon‘s red card.
Pjanić played 68 minutes in the match, while Dodô was an unused substitute.
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. West Bromwich Albion (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league still at impasse as talks go down to the wire 1
- 2015 MLS Season Preview: Top 10 Newcomers 0
- Tuesday Premier League Preview: New managers square off in Midlands derby 0
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0